Friday, June 5, 2015

Baked "Fried" Rosemary Zucchini

Crunchy, Cheesy, Savory


Those are the three magic words. 

Baked Rosemary Zucchini Fries have always been a hit at my house. My brother, my mom, my dad, my grandparents, and my friends always love when I make these. They take a little bit of time since they are battered.. but it is worth it, my friend.


They are crunchy on the outside and warm, soft zucchini on the inside. This savory recipe will definitely be a repeat, and there will (usually) be no left overs - no matter how many you manage to pump out. I have made too many before and had to control myself a couple times for the sake of my waistline, so that's almost 100% true.


Got cravings? These fries really hit the spot when you're craving something fried or battered. They're oven baked though, so you know the drill. Tastes like it should be bad, but it really isn't anywhere near bad! So that's good, right?! This is where it's at.


Oh and just a head's up.. This recipe uses a specific cracker that I found at Costco called La Panzanella Croccantini Rosemary Artisan Crackers. I use these because each sheet of cracker, yes I do mean a sheet of cracker, is 100 calories. Its thin, its crisp, and its beautifully seasoned. If you need to use something else, don't be afraid, be creative!


Ingredients


  • Zucchini, julienne into fries. I sliced mine into 8ths but it is as desired.
  • Eggs
      -- or egg whites
  • La Panzanella Croccantini Rosemary Artisan Crackers (I get mine at Costco), crushed as fine as desired.
  • Shredded Parmesan Cheese, chopped
  • Garlic, super finely minced with zester
     
    -- or garlic powder 
  • Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
  • Onion powder
  • Ground Rosemary

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Combine Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh rosemary, and cracker crumbs together on a plate
  3. Combine eggs / egg whites, ground rosemary, garlic, and onion and stir each time before dipping zucchini in
  4. Dip zucchini in eggs, then coat in crackers/cheese
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment