Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hibiscus Tea

Ahhh, So Refreshing...


This is a great drink for detoxing and getting rid of water weight. I like making a very concentrated stock that way I can just dilute from there and I won't have to make it as often. 


Beware! This will STAIN your beautiful, beautiful clothes... there is no mercy, trust me. So just be careful!




These are the dried Hibiscus Flowers, which will make the tea!






Ingredients

  • Hibiscus Leaves (75 g ~ 2 cups)
  • Water
  • Stevia/Ideal/Sweetener of choice


Directions 


  • Fill a 4 qt pot with water and boil
  • Throw in a handful to two handfuls of hibiscus leaves
  • Allow to boil for 10 minutes, then remove from heat. Let leaves soak for 10 more minutes. This is your concentrated "stock", it will be concentrated, but it's all up to taste.

  • Add desired amount of sweetener
  • Use a colander to pour into a pitcher
  • Remaining leaves can be used again immediately if you have not filled up your pitcher.
  • I usually store my "stock solution" and then add half a pot of water to the used leaves, boil, and serve the tea you just made in a big glass to drink. 

  • When ready to serve, dilute with water
  • I do 50/50, but its personal choice

  • CAN BE  SERVED HOT OR COLD :)


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment