Friday, June 5, 2015

Creamy Mashed Broccoli

Okay, I know it sounds weird.
Okay okay, I know it looks weird too.
Stop giving me that face and just try it.

This is one of those dishes that sounds weird, and looks weird, but tastes great. I'm sure mashed potatoes would look weird if you had never seen them before.. right? Okay doesn't matter, either way this recipe is great. It definitely hits the spot when you are craving mashed potatoes and its much healthier. Obviously, try to use as little of the cheeses as possible!


Ingredients


  • Broccoli (1 head), steamed
  • Ricotta Cheese, low fat (I used 2 spoonfuls, and will try to use less next time)
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Garlic, minced
  • Onion, finely chopped
  • Olive oil
  • Milk of Choice, just a splash or two if needed (I use almond milk)
    or Chicken broth if you have some on hand
  • Salt & Pepper

Directions


  1. Steam broccoli until tender. I did this in the Ziploc steamer bags for a little over 2 minutes since my microwave is very powerful
  2. Saute garlic and onion in pan with light spray of olive oil
  3. Add both cheeses until warm and melted
  4. Combine cheese with broccoli in Vitamix and blend until desired consistency. Add milk of choice if needed
  5. Season to taste! 


No comments:

Post a Comment